Arts and crafts in creating personalized jewelry can be a favorite pastime for people of all ages. It is not only a good hobby, but it is one that can help get creative juices flowing. A name necklace would make a beautiful gift for any occasion, and it can be simply made by just a few materials. Children will enjoy creating these gifts of art and love wearing them too. Parents can enjoy spending time with their children in creating this personalized necklace. It is easy to do and can be an educational experience as they go through bead colors and letters. Read on to learn the simple steps in creating a name necklace.
1. Gather all the necessary materials. Children will enjoy working with colorful beads. Materials to complete this project include beads, clasp, scissors, and fishing line. Other strings could be used in the absence of a fishing line. Choose the kind of beads preferred since beads also come in different styles such as ceramic, plastic, glass, metal, and more.
2. Decide on the design of the name necklace. Create patterns with the colors or surface. To make it pleasing to the eye, make sure that the texture and style of the letter beads also match the other beads. Children can alternate a letter bead with a plain one or string all the letters together.
3. Decide on how long the necklace should be and secure the clasp on one side of the string. Cut any excess string. Name necklaces Some prefer name necklaces to decorate the throat while others prefer it to dangle below the collar bone. In any case, it is up to the artist. To make the necklace more durable, the string can be doubled to hold beads securely.
4. Start stringing the beads together in the decided layout. When it is done, check to see whether the letter beads are located in the middle of the design. Beads can either be added or subtracted for it to have a balance. Another way to create a balance for name necklaces that have an odd numbered name is to put a charm like a flower.
5. Tie the other side with a clasp.
6. Marvel at the job well done and show off the newly created necklace.
Other ideas to make fun necklaces is to search for nameplate necklaces and other personalized jewelry charms. Readymade personalized jewelry can be found at local stores. A silver name necklace or gold name necklace can also be done and worn to a more formal setting as opposed to those made with plastic beads.Article Source: EzineArticles.com/7264640